Saturday 13 March 2010

The Text Message




There are times when you do something that defies logic. Something that you know is a probably not the most sensible thing in the world to do.

I went to a Pink Floyd gig a few years back. I was particularly drunk that night on Smirnoff and Red Bull. I'd also been drinking all afternoon. Only beer but it was alcoholic none the less.

Anyhow you were there and though I was insensible I was more than aware of you. I was mesmeried by your backside nicely covered by a very sexy pair of jeans.

I had to touch it. I couldn't not touch it. No matter how drunk I was I knew what was going on there, so I did touch it.

You didn't really seem surprised.

That was one of those times when an action defied logic. You were with someone who was capable of pulverising me into a bloody mess. The kind of bloke who would hunt you down to harm you if he thought there was a reason to do that.

You could have said "your mate just touched my arse".

You didn't. I know why.

There was a meet up at the Kasbah and then something happened. It kept happening too.

I still think of the Kasbah and those summer nights.

Tonight I was at a Pink Floyd gig and I thought of you.

So I defied logic and sent you a text.

Surprisingly you replied.

Logic defied again.

No comments:

Post a Comment